Saturday, October 10, 2009

Recipe Rules

I have been doing a bit of research this week - hence the 'quiet' - on what the rules are in regards to posting other peoples recipes in a blog. I want to do this correctly, but I also understand that a foodie type blog without recipes is a bit of a strange thing. Kind of like watching a game of cricket without there being a ball! Not a very interesting game indeed. (Some may argue that the game isn't interesting even when there is a ball present but I happen to like cricket LOL).

What I have found is this. I can post recipes. I can post lists of ingredients without any problems at all as there can be no copyright on ingredients. However when it comes to writing out the 'method' or the instructions of how to put those ingredients together with the aim of producing a dish, this is where the rules become a bit cloudy. A direct word for word copy out of a recipe book is a no-no. However paraphrasing and writing down what 'I' actually did is ok. Like I said - cloudy.

The decision I have made is that I will post the recipes I use. I will ensure that I give full credit to each one and post my own photos as I go. If, in the future, I receive official advice to remove them, I will go from there.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hon, you're also not making any money from sharing this on your PERSONAL blog - if anything, you'll inspire people to go out and buy the book/s you are making the recipes from! Just make sure you credit. Look forward to seeing what you've been making!

 

blogger templates |