Friday, October 2, 2009

Cooking Like Margaret

Hi. My name is Margaret and this is my blog. I will start by saying please don't be misled by the blog address "CookingLikeMargaret". This blog is not about me giving instructions on cooking or claiming to be anything like the amazing cook I am (not - yet) :). This blog is about me working my way through the cook books of Margaret Fulton - an amazing woman and incredible pioneer in the genre of writing cook books - and reflecting on my life as I do so.

I was inspired to follow this concept when seeing an advertisement on the television for the upcoming movie Julie & Julia. I have intentionally not looked at the trailers, and have not yet seen the film. I haven't Googled it (other than to get the link above) so am not in any way influenced in a way that can be construed as not me. But I was talking to Mr M when we saw the ad and said "I should do a Margaret & Margaret" and the ball started rolling from there. (I have a feeling the bottles of wine consumed that evening may have made this idea sound a lot more exciting than otherwise would have seemed LOL).

I am not new to blogging, but am intrigued to see how this experimental journey will turn out.

My plan is simple. I shall go through the amazing recipe repetoire of Margaret Fulton, picking out a recipe and making it. The fact that I have 20 cookbooks to choose from and that I will be venturing into areas I haven't ventured into before makes my spine tingle.

I am sure that is a good thing!

6 comments:

Jadey said...

I'm excited it sounds great. I want to go see the movie too and now I'm jealous there's no Jadey cooks about LoL

Kathy Shell said...

I had to laugh at the A French Onion Soup, I made this when Reg and I had been married for 6 months and followed it with an exquisite Chicken Veronique and Reg said he preferred his mum's mixed grill and potato pumpkin mash. lol, I stopped cooking to a recipe there and then.
I am now taking an interest in extending my culinary ability again so i will enjoy watching and reading what you are cooking and I bet your family are loving the Margaret does Margaret, :-)

I love the photo with the flour on your nose. Such fun :-)

Me said...

I LOVE this - you are an amazing Margaret who will accomplish so much and more than you ever dreamed possible.

So looking forward to following your journey !

Unknown said...

I'm so looking forward to reading your updates, M! :D

Mary said...

This is such a cool idea M and loving the photo! Your sense of fun in everything you do is infectious.

Anonymous said...

Had no idea you were back in blog land, I am too (well, kind of!). Liking the idea of this blog and love your photo :).

Sarah

 

blogger templates |